Friday, January 13, 2006

Short but good ride

On Wednesday night I took the SS out for its first spin since the crash. I was slightly concerned that it would hurt a bit as I do use a lot more upper body when riding the SS, espcially on the climbs. 5 of us went out and we rode link, cookie, spaghetti and SPCA. We were only out for an hour and half but it was dark by the time we got back to the carpark. It took me a while to get into a rhythym that suited riding a hard tail and I had a couple of close moments when I lost the front wheel in sandy bends.

Finally on Spag, when GP stepped up the pace a bit on his new Reign and I dug it in to keep up it started to flow. We raced through the first section of Spag at a good pace, with me being able to keep up in most places, a nice set of disk brakes would have hepled me keep up on the shor downhills though.

We ended up with a quick run down SPCA, and this time Dom managed to catch me, I was a bit hesitant as it was quite dim in the forest by that stage and the ruts and lumps in the track were quite indistinct, so Dom on his 6 inch traval AC was able to push it a bit harder than me, plus he was behind me as well, but it was the first time I have been caught going down that track...

we got back to the car fizzing with adrenaline, a good ride.

I am definately doing the NZO 24 hour Nduro in a SS team, seeing as it is in 4 weeks time I will get some SS work under my belt.

No comments: