Monday, January 09, 2006

and back on the road

Took the chance on Saturday afternoon to get out for a short run. Drove up to Exhibition drive and did a lap. I took is slowly for probably 6 of the 6.5 Kms and only wound out the pace at the end. It wasn't too bad, I could not have run 21kms like that though, it only hurt as I wound it out at the end and was breathing heavily into my chest. It was a good first run and I will get out for another as soon as I can.

I had another ride yesterday, went out with the bigger group, so it was not a quick ride, as the lads wanted to sift around on the jumps. Miles and I decided to leave the group in the end and took off for a quicker longer ride. Rode Charlies Angels for the second time, it is still a brutal trail, I do not think i will ever be able to stay on the bike for the entire track, it is too steep, both ascending and descending.

I cleaned the SS on Saturday and found all these pine needles wedged between the tire and rim from the crash a couple of weeks back. Surprisingly, the impact didnt pop the tube or bend the rim though.


I aim to be out on the SS on Wed night for a test ride to see how my ribs feel.

The work team did the Tauranga Half Ironman at the weekend, enjoyed it and kicked the other team from works ass. I wished I could have been running. I have also pulled out of the Kaweka run as I have not been able to do the training miles needed. Bruce has pulled out as well as he has had a knee injury. Next year for both...

No comments: