Sunday, January 29, 2006

2 ride weekend

Yay - It is a long weekend in Auckland, Auckland Anniversary day is tomorrow, a day off work...Weather is cloudy, warm and very humid.

I have squeezed 2 rides in so far, I was thinking of getting a ride in tomorrow as well, but I broke a spoke today on the rear wheel of the SS and will not be able to get that fixed till Tuesday. Dom has gone away with my sister's family and has taken the Dawg until I get a new rear wheel for his bike sorted.

Rode yesterday morning, supposedly with Miles, but he bailed on Friday night so I did a quick 2 hour thrash around on the SS. I rode most of the northern block including Anaconda which I have not done on the SS before. I saw almost nobody, it was great.


I finally took a photo of the temporary sign for my track. Supposedly 1 day a permanent sign will go in.




Had another ride today, I was thinking of joining the Freeriden boys for a session at Riverhead so tye could show me the tracks, but they were not riding until 4.00 which is too late for me. I got up very late and had a quick drive to Woodill and then a hammer session to catch up with Miles, GP and DP on the Spaghetti trail. Miles and I stayed with the boys till jumpers alley in Fattachine and then we took off and rode the northern block again. I broke a spoke going up Haggis which is a real pisser. Oh Well, they were good rides anyway.

The 24 hour team event is this weekend and we are down to 4 riders and maybe a couple of ring ins doing the odd lap.

I am very much looking forward to it.

I am now thinking along the lines of trying to organise an UN-official Auckland single speed champs. Not so much a race race, but an 'fun' race. get a bucnh of SSers' together. Maybe if there is enough interest I will organise a serious event later in the year.

No comments: