Monday, January 23, 2006

A good weekend.

The weather was great this weekend, quite warm, very little wind. Sadly I did not get out for a mountain bike ride, but I did get in a good run and a day at the beach.

On Saturday Dom went to Rotorua riding with Darin and Graham. There was supposed to be a single speed mobbing down there but it all fell apart and I had a funeral to go to so I did not drive it. I dropped Dom off at Darin's at 6.45 AM and then went to the waterfront for a run. I parked at Kohi. and ran back to Mechanics Bay and then back, past Kohi, to St Heliers and back to the car. The whole of Tamaki drive, not sure of the distance, but I ran for 1 and half hours. It was nice and slow.

After the funeral I took the SS for a quick strop up through Titirangi, down through Wood Bay. I want to get as much hill work in as I can before the race. Big problem was with the new 18 tooth ring on the back the tire was rubbing on the rear brake cable. The cable is broken so I had very little adjustment room. I will swap the tires out for semi-slicks anyway and will get a new cable. may need to add another link into the chain to allow the rear wheel to drift back a bit further away from the rim.

Sunday we went to Tawharanui reserve with David and Kim. The surf was really good so we spent a couple of hours body surfing and boarding. Had a good day but I am now a bit sun burnt and physically exhausted.

I think today will be a slow day.

No comments: