Monday, January 22, 2007

A day working from home

Due to stolen house keys and the damage to the car I decided to work from home today. Luckily I have employers who support this to some degree so there was no real dramas, but I was missing a few things I needed to really be effective. Luckily the good news is I get my lappie back on Wednesday and nothing lost. I am so pleased, not having music at work was killing me !

The locksmith came fairly early in the day, and it only cost me $135 to get the barrell changed and 6 new keys cut. It was less than I expected to pay but of course more than I wanted to.

The car window was not in stock so I could not take the car to the window place until 4.00 which was a pain. It was also too far from the mall or anything interesting so I wandered up to the supermarket and went for a 40 minute walk to kill the hour and a bit it took them to replace the window and clean the car. At least insurance covered it all which was cool.

I really didnt want to do that much exercise today as it was supposed to be a rest day, but I did walk real slow :)

Youngest son might be coming back from Australia this week, not yet decided but he could be here on Thursday. He is away at a Christian rock festival with a school friend all weekend if he is back, but I am not sure what I will do next week when he is off school and I am at work. I would take some time off work but my one and only staff member is off for the whole of Feb. He is old enough to leave for a few hours, but I am not having multiple 13 year olds running around unsupervised for a whole day.

I have discovered that my scales are completely nuts unless I lost 1.4 kgs while having a shower today. I knew they went up and down over a day or so, but assumed that was related to sweat loss and how much I ate or drank during the day. May have to invest in another set. Though weight watching is largely irrelevant. I can see I need to lose some fat, it is just hanging there ! Though I would like to be well under 80kgs before the marathon, which will be easy as I am only slightly over.

It was so nice to be able to listen to the radio all day, such a relief from the relative silence of the office.

3 weeks to the first half marathon and 14 till the marathon...

No comments: