Sunday, January 14, 2007

An afternoon at the beach.

Well as always the weather has confounded us ! the forecast was for a showery humid day with winds dying in the late afternoon. The morning was humid and mildly overcast but by lunch time the clouds and wind had gone and the day turned into a stunner. I managed to convince the youngest to drag his sorry ass of out bed at 12:30 and try and hunt down a mate to take to the beach for the afternoon.

We were on the road by 1.00 and after a slow trip out towards Piha we decided to drop down to KareKare beach instead. It was a wise choice, the beach was reasonably empty and the surf was small and even and great for body and boogie boarding. I had a great dip and left in the boys in the surf while I watched from the sidelines and snapped a few photos.

When the boys were done swimming I walked up to a derelict old stone hut on the beach to snap a few more shots. In the end I took about 35 shots today, I was happish with 3. I do love digital cameras !!! My plan for next weekend is just to sit down outside and play with the camera taking the same shot with a variety of different settings to see the effect they all have.

The boys doing what boys do best



















The old beach house




















Graffiti

No comments: