Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Cindercone

Since the beginning of the year I have been really struggling with my sleep, and am feeling quite tired all the time. Physically I do not feel too bad, but mentally I am not the best. I will drop my coffee intake back to one a day again and see if that makes a difference, though my expectations that this will work are not high. After a week of reduced coffee I will go and see a naturopath and try and get some herbal sleep assistance. With all the training I am about to undertake I really do need get some decent sleep in.

Got up at 7.00 this morning and went out for another slow 10k run. I found the run quite tough, it was so humid I was drenched in sweat before half way, though it was not particularily warm. I planned on bounding up the hills again but just didnt have it in me in the end, but for a slow run it was not a bad time.

I had been planning on doing some road miles on the Cindercone and had road tyres on for that reason. I think this was rather a forlorn dream given the amount of running I have to do, though cross training is never a bad idea. Given that I am considering the Waharau ride next weekend, and there was no way my legs would be in any condition to push the SS up that hill I put some dirt tyres back on the Cindercone this morning. I hope to take to the forest Wednesday night after dropping my wife and youngest off at the airport. I havent ridden a geared hardtail for almost a year so it will be interesting to say the least.

Here she is in all her glory, tyred up and ready to go.


No comments: