Sunday, July 23, 2006

Saturday morning Woodhill ride

Had a good ride today, went out with my normal riding buddy for a SS thrash at Woodhill.

It was very cool this morning, around 3 degrees, but it was another crystal clear day so riding was going to be good.

We road up the new PowerBall trail to Spaghetti along Spag to SPCA. SPCA was riding so nicely, 1 or so Km’s of gentle downhill a fun fun ride. Wicked.

We pushed up the hill from the end of SPCA through the old car park and then up Upland, I struggled a bit on the climb which was unusual, shot down Lightening and Enchanted Forest to the Haggis. We were riding at a cracking pace and by the time we were halfway up Haggis I was really sucking air, definitely not as good as last weeks ride. This week we rode all of Haggis and did not cut out to Conifer loop and up to my trail. I so rarely do the full Haggis loop which is a shame as it is a neat trail and the back section that we miss is 1 of the older sections of track in the park. After Haggis we rode Slipperies delight and the climb at the end, even though it is not big damn near killed me, really was feeling the ride this week. Tree Huggers was next and then up the Link where my riding buddy slayed me on the climb and left me a wheezing struggling mess by the top, I killed him last week so it was definitely his turn. We then rode the side of Cookie and down into the new section of trail back to the carpark as I wanted to bed the trail into my head before the race next weekend as the new trails are supposed to be in it.

Not a bad ride, definitely not as good as last week though.

I did ride with the HRM and hit 100% at times, sustained 101 going up Upland, so will definitely adjust that a bit. Set max heart rate from 179 to 187 and see if I go over that at 100%

No comments: