Sunday, July 16, 2006

hmmm - 107% of max Heart Rate

A stunning late winter day today. Crystal clear blue skies, gentle but cool breeze, so I stayed in bed till 9.30 then went round to briefly visit my parents before they went on their 5 week trip to the UK.

I picked up the DMR from the bike shop after having the BB re-greased, the mechanic says the BB is just about totally shot – it is 6 years old so fair enough, but I want it to last a few more weeks until I can get the cash to buy another one. This week I am buying some almost new Shimano pedals and cleats from a fellow Vorber so need the cash.

Started installing the front mechanical disk brake but found the outer cable I had was not long enough so used what I had and got the rim brakes running sweetly for this weeks riding and will have another go at the weekend.

Went for a run up Exhibition drive. My plan was to do a fast lap then a slow lap. At the halfway point on the first lap I was hitting a reasonable pace and then realised had not set my damn watch, I tried keeping up the pace on the way back, but had really lost the motivation to push for a record time. So basically gave up, dropped the pace to slow and jogged back.

About 1km from the car I put on a good burst to see how far I could push the heart rate over 100% got up to 107 at 189 bpm. I will change the HRM to reflect the higher heart rate as I do worry that even on an average run I spend too much time over 85% of max.

No comments: