Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ribs - runs - riding

Well it has been a few days since I have posted. Not a hell of a lot has happened. The ribs still hurt though I am 90% sure there is no crack, fracture or whatever, just bruising. I have consumed a reasonable amount of wine a large amount of really bad food and am hammering away at a bottle of Laphroaig I was given yesterday.

I ended up going to the doc’s on Saturday as my daughter got an eye infection so as I was there... I had an x-ray but it turned out to be inconclusive as to whether the damage to the rib was old or new. The pain has really started to subside in the last couple of days so I am happy it was just bruising on the rib. The real pisser with rib injuries is there is no overt sign of damage, you just cannot show anyone why you are in pain ! It still hurts lying down though which is really mucking up my sleep.

I have pulled out of the Tauranga Half Ironman team, someone else from work was quite keen to get in the team so I have given up my spot as a week of training now with 3 weeks to go is not good. I have been hammering the weight on now that I am not doing any exercise, and I have been drinking a bit too which does not help, not excessively, but more than I should and enough to effect my diet.

I will also can the plan to run the Kaweka this year, though I have bought the gear and was starting to enjoy the off road running I cannot get the miles in over the next few weeks to do it justice.

I will possibly get back onto the bike and try and do the single speed team in the N-duro 24 hour race. I aim to get a ride in over Christmas if the pain keeps subsiding like it is. I have had one lousy 5 minute ride in 5 weeks and it is just sux big time to not be riding cos of a stupid crash. My mates rode on Sunday and took a new guy out who was apparently cursing the dirty F%^ker who built an all uphill track. They told him that I would normally be riding with them as well….

No comments: