Monday, December 12, 2005

Training

This mornings post comes courtesy of Children’s Hour "Carolinas Dream". Maybe I should listen to more uplifting music in the morning, it may make the day pass quicker.

Had a quick training run yesterday afternoon. My intention was to get out of bad at 6.00 and be running by 6.30 and get 2 hours of road in. With Deana working Sundays and neither of the older kids home I needed to be home before 9.00 to be with the youngest. I did wake at 6.00 but promptly went back to sleep again and did not wake till after 7.00 and woke up feeling flat and drained.

I did sneak out around 1.00 for a quick run down to Wood Bay and up through the Zig Zag track and back home, a 44 minute run that was hard work. It was quiet warm and very very humid I was completely soaked by the time I get home and it took a good hour to cool down.

I did run with the new back pack. If felt good, easy to run in and it did not move around too much, with the fancy webbing straps and liner between the bag and my back I did not notice any excessive sweating or discomfort on my back either.

I have had an awful diet over the last few days, I had 3 days of fried foods, and combined with the massive amount of alcohol consumed on Wed night I feel quite flat. I will aim for a bit of a cleanse this week in the lead up to Christmas, though I do have a work lunch on Friday that promises to be rather long and liquid.

No comments: