Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bike servicing

Blogging while listening to Broken Social Scene - Almost Crimes.

I am not a great one for biking servicing, I am not great at it myself, though more than capable of the basics. Now that my bikes are getting a bit older I find it quite hard even getting around to cleaning them. Though they do not get overly dirty riding in a sand based forest.

I use a mix of 2-3 bike shops for bits of servicing, depending on need, cost and time. Primarily my friend Darin does the maintenance on all my bikes, he is very good and it is cool just to hang out and talk bikes and crap. I do not like to abuse his hospitality however so I have not been visting for ages.

Number 1 son and I went for a quick visit last night, Darin replaced the rear sprocke on my SS with a nice new 16 tooth BMX sprocket which I will test ride tonight. He also had a look at the rear shock on number 1 son's AC. Looks like we may have to take the shock in for a service which will be a pain. He will ride it tonight and see how it goes as I think the Rock Shock people here may close down for Christmas, so we do not want him to be bike less for 3 weeks.

Looking forward to a ride tonight, hopefully the threatened rain will stay off, number 1 son will not cause any grief at home and the day passes quickly. it will be good to get out with a few of the boys for a quick spin.

Had a quick run yesterday afternoon, only mnaged 20 minutes due to some time constraints, had another go at some reps up the path at Crum Park.

No comments: