Monday, February 19, 2007

The weekend

With tapering for the first half marathon and then flying to Australia and spending 4 days lounging around eating and drinking and then coming home to 4 incredibly busy days I have not run for two weeks. This has really stuffed my training plan up completely. I seemed to have not gained much weight which is good, but I must have lost some of the fitness I was building. I hope to get out for a decent run tonight and back into a regular rhythm again this week. The two friends who were also planning on running the marathon have pulled out which is a real bummer as I was going to look to them as training partners once the KMs start to build over the next few weeks.

The weekend was really busy, I had planned on running on both days but it just did not happen. Saturday started with youngest’s softball match, straight to the supermarket on the way home, picked up my wife from the airport and then straight to a friends child’s 1 year birthday. Home from there to prepare food for a BBQ at our house with some friends to welcome my wife home after almost a month away.

Sunday morning I was up early and off to watch the senior and junior classes at the Auckland round of the National MTB XC champs at Riverhead, I could not stay for the pro-elite class sadly as I wanted to doing something with youngest. The racing was good, very warm and the people I knew who were racing did very well, two firsts and a second placing. After the racing I shot home and picked up youngest and a mate and took them snorkeling at Goat Island. The place was jam packed, I have never seen it so busy, the tide was way out as well so it was quite shallow. Plenty of marine life around though and the water was remarkably clear. The trip home was slow due to traffic so it was straight in and cooking dinner so that there was food on the table when my wife got home from work. Straight after dinner we were out for half an hour at a friend of our daughters 18th birthday BBQ. Home knackered….

Bought a Decendents CD on Friday – how the hell did I manage to miss them for so long… Been listening to a lot of Red Lorry Yellow Lorry as well lately, I am quite into that bass heavy post-punk/early goth sound at the moment.

No comments: