Monday, May 29, 2006

Track digging day

I did not get out for a ride again this weekend, this is getting to be a bit repetetive, but that is life I guess.

I had a good reason this weekend not to ride as I did go track building up at the Bikepark on an official track building day. Considering that it had been hammering down with rain for the past week and was raining at the scheduled start time it was amazing that close to 20 people turned up to help cut a new trail.

The Bikeparks crew had marked out the basic plan so it was a simple matter of following along the path with a rake and a shovel. I was in a nice small crew building berms at the tail of the group. The Woodhill forest is sand based so trail building is a relative breeze, and building berms is simple...

I spent half a day there and had a good time building berms with a couple of riders I know well. The track is going to be really good once it has been completed.

Went out for a run in the afternoon, ran from home up through Titirangi and out along Exhibition drive. I had had some yoghurt for lunch a couple of hours before and it really did not sit well in my stomach. I was burping the whole way and was really quite uncomfortable. I did keep a reasonable pace up considering so was fairly happy.

I have decided I am going to try running with some electronic music with no vocals. I find that I spend too much time singing in my head to the lyrics and not concentrating on what I am doing. I also pace myself to the song which means I am sometimes going too fast for the run. For the longer runs I do need to hit that magic pace and then zone out, I am hoping that listening to some repetetive musix will allow that to happen. I am not sure if I can do 2 + hours of running with no music - though running to electronic dance music could be interesting as I am not a fan.

No comments: