Sunday, May 21, 2006

Quick zap around the bike park

I got up this morning with aching legs and stiff hips, I had not felt this bad after a run for a quite a long time so it was definately a good wake up call if I am planning on doing any long runs this winter. I wasnt sure how the ride would go so planned on taking it easy. I had not arranged to ride with anyone nd was hoping to see some one in the car park to ride with, but having said - I do like to ride on my own.

I was a bit stiff getting up the entrance trail but by the time I got to Spaghetti my legs had freed up and I was ready to ride comfortably. There was two events on at the park today so the place was a bit of a zoo, at the end of the Spag. trail I had to ride the road up to the northern end as the middle block was closed for a race, I also found out that most of the northern block was closed for an event as well so I did a sneaky couple of trails between races and then shot back out on the road for the long haul back to the carpark.

So a short ride, mostly on the road, but my less felt OK, though they have tightened up now.

I discovered yesterday when I was getting the bike ready that I have bent the seapost on the DMR. It is a very thin post at 25.8 - so I may have a bit of fun finding one. I tried the Freeriden shop on the way back today but they didnt have one. At least it is rideable.

No comments: