Sunday, February 26, 2006

Riverhead ride 2

I took the group out to Riverhead this morning, number 1 son came on my Dawg as he has now split the seat post on the AC. It is so bad I cannot remove it from the frame. A new photo when I can get it out. There was 8 of us today including a couple of newbies.

I first took them up Barlow Rd and down a nice bit of flowy single track back to start. This section of forest was lopped about 5 years ago and the new growth pines are just starting to come through.

Next it was back up Barlow Rd to the top, nice climb on the SS, glad I have stuck to 32:18. Down Patterson Rd there are 2 nice bits of sweet Riverhead single track, clay covered off camber rooty corners, rutty and specially for today dusty... Just magic.






After that it was up the big hill (big by Auckland standards), affectionately known by us as Christ Hill, I made it up on the SS this time though was sucking some seriuos air at the top. We picked up a rider from another group, who wanted to head back the carpack and was un-sre of the way, her group we riding on. I asked about her techinical ability as our next track was a bit a techinical, steep - overgrown, rooty down hill, turns out she won the first of thr R n R series XC races the day before, so I dont think her ability was going to hold us back....

Down nature trail to the carpark... The photos do not do the steapness justice....

Not bad photos conisdering these were from my new phone.

No comments: