Saturday, February 11, 2006

Riding with flats

Last Monday I went riding along the waterfront on the single speed with my wife and a friend. As it was slow meander I put flat pedals on the bike.

One of my riding buddies who rides flat all the time had bought a new Giant Reign so for me to have a ride I needed to have flat as well. So today I strapped on the the shin pads I won and thought I would try a ride with flat pedals.

It was not really that much fun. I had trouble on the jumps as my feet kept bouncing off, the climbs were tougher than riding with clips, and the final run down SPCA was awkward as well as I was bouncing all over the place, plus I was still running 32:18 which was just no fun on the down hills.

The Reign was not too bad to ride either, felt different riding a fully suspended bike though....

No comments: