Sunday, February 19, 2006

Riverhead ride

I had my first ride at Riverhead forest for the summer yesterday. Riverhead is clay based and very rooty, so it is not a huge amount of fun to ride in in the winter, especially on the steep off camber downhills, it can be like ice, but after a dry summer it is magic. Quite technical in parts and a lot more tricky on the SS compared to a fully suspended bike.

The forest is a working pine forest and over the past 5 years there has been a lot of felling so most of the old school tracks have disappeared, which is why I have not been riding there much. I do enjoy it every time I go though as it is much more my style of riding, no stunts to play on just riding.

I will take the camera next time and get some snaps. I do not think I have ever taken pictures there.

No comments: