Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mangere half Marathon

I completed the Auckland Masters Half in Mangere, Auckland on 17 July 2005.

I ran it in 1:57:02, which is my fastest half by a few seconds, I was quite keen to do 1:55 but I wasnt disappointed. It was quite cool, I ran in a jacket for the first 40 minutes and there was a bit of a head wind on the return leg, which wasn't there on the way out. It is quite a scenic run, which surprised me, being Mangere and all.

It was my first race with the mp3 player and it was not bad, kept a good pace on the first 10k, but blew out again around 13-19kms and picked up the pace for the final 2.

I was happy. Talked to a few guys from the Glen Eden running club about the club and training for a full marathon. I think I realised while I was talking to them that I really didn't have it in me to do a full marathon, and that I really didn't want to give up bike riding for 3 months to run.

No comments: