Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I am starting to hate the training bike

I have borrowed a mag. (I think) trainer from my brother in law, I have clipped Deana's bike in as she doesn't use it. I have had it for about 6 months and use it sporadically until I have an event coming up when I try to do 3-4 sessions a week. The thing is incredibly noisy unless I have it on quite a low setting, then all I can do is spin. I will change the tires this week and see if that makes a difference.

The main problem is it is so boring - spinning away in the playroom on my own, I have the TV - which is slowly dying, a video and an old stereo. I have watched TV, movies, biking movies, listened to music, read books (which isn't very efficient) and am now running out of things to do.

I really need to motivate myself for the next 3 weeks, then the race will be over and I can forget about the trainer again for a few months. Maybe I should say damn the noise, crank up the tension on the trainer, wind the volume to 11 on the MP3 player and dig it in.

No comments: