Saturday, July 09, 2005

2 upcoming gigs

The morning started slow and typical, Meliesha had her school ball and pre-ball and post-ball, Deana took Meliesha to the post ball at 1-30 AM so it was a late night.

I got up and did a 10km run, it was not the best run ever though I was happy with my time of 53 minutes. I did not think I ran that quickly round the Titirangi Rd loop.

On the warm down I walked to the dairy to get the paper, as always I started with Time Out, and wow - I mean wow...

Dance Macabre are reforming for a 1 off gig on the 22nd July at the Kings Arms. I saw them a few times in their brief career in 81/82. They were primarily a synth band but very much influenced by the post-punk music of Joy Division/cure etc. I really liked they released 1 stunning EP, Between the lines and a soso LP. I have neither and have been looking in record shops and on-line for years. Top cap this great news off they are releasing a CD of both works on the 15th..

The following weekend Children's Hour have also reformed for a one of gig at the KA as well. They have a CD of all their works out already, but I have all their material on vinyl. They were stunning live as well. Late 83-84 they were around, very agrresive but again influenced by the post-punk era music coming out of the UK.

I have not been to many gigs in the last 10 years, and I must admit to being very excited about this.

No comments: