Sunday, November 19, 2006

The last week.

Another caffeine free passed reasonably successfully. I am still not sleeping managing to get a full nights sleep though which is very concerning, I do not think I am stressed with anything but I maybe I am ? I am going to not worry about avoiding coffee when I am in Australia next week, but I plan to keep off it at work any way. I guess the next thing to give up is alcohol but I don’t really drink that much or that regularly to believe it has any impact on my daily life.

Tai Chi was good again, we learnt a few more steps in the process, I started off the week getting up at 6.30 and doing 10 minutes each morning but got slack as the week progressed, will have another go this week at early rises.
After Tai Chi I went down to the school sports field and after a 10 minute warm up did a few sprint runs. I aim to do some sprints once a week to augment the slower runs I am supposed to be doing but aren’t. If I am planning on doing this marathon next year I am going to have the ramp the running up a lot over the next few weeks.

Tuesday night was another great little Murawai ride, it was just the 2 of us this week. I really struggled on the climb up the first hill to the forest entrance, all muscles hurt and breathing was a struggle. I do not why I am struggling with my running and riding at the moment, I have been fairly consistent with the amount I am doing and my diet has been pretty reasonable lately. Maybe I need a holiday from exercise as well ? We rode down Wild Thing and a bit of the Dak Track and then out the back and up the forest road to the quarry. There was quite a strong northerly blowing so riding up the road was quite hard work and I was pretty knackered by the time we got to the quarry. The quarry was an interesting place to ride, not a big area but lots of little challenges to play on, I had never been there before. I was worn out and riding like a real muppet so didn’t do try anything silly as it was just going to end badly, but I would like to go back there again. We left the quarry and continued north looking for trails made by the motor crosses that were rideable, we fond one great run that was no too chewed up and powered along there for a while before climbing over the fence and riding back down the road, with a nice tail wind back to the start. It was a good ride as it was a new set of trails and we saw deer, quail and rabbits, but I was very awkward on the bike for some reason.

I didn’t do much with the rest of the week, too lazy to get out and run, though I had good intentions !

On Saturday morning I did arrange to go riding with Miles and even got as far as driving all the way to the forest but the weather was awful and I waited in the rain for 10 minutes for the guys to turn up and it was cold and miserable so I packed the bike back in the car and piked. I think this must be my first pike ever from a ride. Normally the weather does not bother me at all. On the way home I dropped in at a new bike store in Henderson where I know the mechanic and had the disk brake fitted to my new wheel.

That night I cooked an OK butter chicken for dinner and had a couple of wines with Miles and the wife.

Sunday number 2 son went out to play softball with mates so I went out for a run. Drove up to Titirangi and ran from there to Exhibition drive, did 2 circuits and back to the car. One hour 27 minutes, 7 minutes faster than 2 weeks ago. I felt good, though again I had quite a sore arch. When I am in Australia next week I will look for a pair of Nike Pegasus from the Nike discounter shop, I have never had an issue with those shoes.

After the run I fitted a road tyre to the new wheel and now have the Cindercone going in road mode again. I now have 3 bikes that mostly work, though none of them are in perfect condition.

Been listening to a lot of Jawbreaker lately, loving that CD, but this afternoon has been Fields of the Nephilim on the stereo – loving the goth.

I must get back to updating more regularily. Roll on my holiday 1 week to go.




No comments: