Sunday, November 12, 2006

The last week wrapped up

Tai Chi was good on Monday night, learnt another step in the process of whatever it is we are learning, along with some more stretches, I was still feeling a bit crap when I got there though the appalling head ache I had been suffering during the day had abated a bit.

When I got home my wife and I were discussing what to do for our 20th wedding anniversary at the end of the month and rather on the spur of the moment have decided to go to the Gold Coast for 4 days and visit her family and then take 4 days up in Cairns. We booked the flights that night ! this will be the first time we have been away for more than a night without the kids for 12 years. My sister will take the youngest and the big 2 can stay at home by them selves. We are placing a lot of trust on the two teenagers to not have parties while we are away. I am not so worried about my kids but I do not have a lot of faith in some of their friend.

Tuesday I booked my leave from work.

Wednesday I bought two CD’s Jawbreaker – Dear You and Ride – Smile. Both old CD’s and both are great. First Jawbreaker I have bought and I really do like it, will be hunting down some of their CD’s now. The Ride CD is a compilation of their first two EP’s, it is also very good. 2 good music purchases in one day, awesome.

On Friday night I decided to stay for a couple of drinks after work and not unusually I ended up getting completely toasted by 9.00 PM. Had a couple of wines or 3 with a couple of the finance people at a pub down the road from work. Miles collected me about 8.30 and we went off to a Japanese place for food which I really did not feel like. It is times like these that you really appreciate BK ! My wonderful daughter came and picked me up and between us we located the party number 1 son was at and drove home.

The next day I was up at 7.30 for number 2 sons softball game, I felt like crap and spent the 30 minute game warm up slumped in the car. The game was Ok, they were winning up until the last innings when they got slaughtered… still the boys enjoyed the game and number 2 got player of the day for a fine hit. I also succumbed to a very week instant coffee to perk myself up, it was so week I certainly did not notice any caffeine hit.

After the game and lunch, number 2 son disappeared with mates for the afternoon, my wife disappeared to see some friends, so I rode the AC in to town to pick up my car. It was a real struggle, I wasn’t in prime form, and a heavy fully suspended bike with 2.3’’ tyres is no road machine, though I did have a new seat post…

Sunday morning I was awake very early, it was a gorgeous day so I was up at 6.30 AM and drove into town for a run along the waterfront. I parked at Okahu Bay and ran east along the waterfront and up the hill at the end of St Heliers, then back to the car. I felt pretty good during the run but the arch of my left foot was really tender by the time I got to the car. The intention was to run for an hour and a half and I believe if it wasn’t for the foot I could have easily have done that. I am now experimenting with some arch supports.

My daughter has decided to go flatting with a friend, in a house above the friends mother, so it not a complete cut off. I am quite excited for her, she is 18, has a job and this will be a good learning exercise for her to see what you actually have to do to run a house – she has no idea.

She also broke her wrist in a drunken slip on Saturday night, so I spent Sunday evening at the A and E clinic while they x-rayed and plastered her up. She could be off work for 4-6 weeks, though it was not a major break.

No comments: