Tuesday, April 25, 2006

2 good runs

Well both bikes have wheel problems now. The hard tail geared bike has a front wheel hub that at best could be described as utterly shagged and I have broken yet another spoke on the SS. I do have a spare front wheel I have put on the SS but the reason it is 'spare' is the hub in that makes train type rumbling noises when it spins.

The good news is I have sold the Kona Dawg frame and shock for $355 on tradem.co.nz so once the guy who bought it gets back from his holiday later this week I will get the cash and send the frame off. I will at least be able to get the 2 bikes back up and running again.

Had a good ride on the SS again on Saturday morning, when I broke the spoke. Quickish ride with Miles for 2 half hours. Rode Slipperies Delight for the first time in a while, it is a good trail. I was hoping to get out there with the spade but as usual circumstances got in the way.

I did get 2 good runs in though, one on Monday night and one today, Tuesday, which was Anzac day in New Zealand and a public holiday. Monday's run was started late afternoon and in the pouring rain, I did the 10km Titirangi Rd loop and completed it in 53 minutes which is the fastest I have ever done it in. Today's run was a 30:36 session of the Exhibition Drive track which was awesome - fastest ever, though I have done a sub 31 minute run before. The Exhibition Drive run is approximately 6.5km long, fairly flat but is very twisty and as is unsealed, so is a bit harder to run on than a sealed road.

I was really pleased with the times....

No comments: